Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 27-06-2003 , 04:15 PM
Really nice, but I think that the "blood" or like any liquid that is carrying the cells should be more visible, like he current..

something like the current in Finding Nemo, and well, also that I don't see any heart beats as mentioned in one of the posts?!

Great work anyways!

# 17 27-06-2003 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber
I just got to say I like the saturated red at the beginning more - gave more of a feeling of luminance. Looked like the body might look if it were somehow lit up - which is what it would have to be in order to see it - if you were transported into a blood vessell without light it would just be black. If you shine a flashlight through your hand i the dark you will get a light that looks like your original saturated image. Get a light and try it user added image

Once I saw the blood cells with the transparency they were a lot more interesting. I also think it would be nice to have the current visible but how... more particles? I guess that would be render heavy. Hm.

Was there movement in the vessell wall like a heart beat or was that my imagination?

My thought as to the length is twice the distance and 1.5 times the speed - making the animation a little longer but the beginning a touch quicker so that the viewer is plunged into a current of rushing blood cells, is carried with them past the walls and then is out of the current in a calm spot as the cells continue rushing by. That is what I saw in the current (now pun intended) animation but I thought if you accentuate what's there it could be stronger.

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 18 27-06-2003 , 08:45 PM
I somehow differ with your opinion ereitz. However your reply did made me think about something that might improve the animation.

How about relating the movement of the cells to the actual hearthbeat? I mean, make them rush as if being pumped, then they stop for a microsecond and then pump again, stop .. pump. When I say stop it´s more of a suspended state, and it shouldn´t last more than a microsec.

I like VERY much the animation K.
You´ll get the gig!

# 19 28-06-2003 , 01:00 AM
Thanks guys. I've been already thinking about most of the stuff you've mentioned above but let's see how much I will add to this. There's already more than I originally thought. Maybe I'll add some minor particles flowing around and perhaps the heart beat thing (which, btw ereitz, was not in either of the anims user added image it must have been your eyes playing tricks on you ;p) and that's it... Dunno, It's already quite heavy to render this with PAL TV resolution with DOF and Motion Blur...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!

Last edited by kbrown; 28-06-2003 at 01:04 AM.
# 20 28-06-2003 , 11:12 PM
Alrighty, here is a preview rendering/composition of the newest version. Added some minor particle flow to improve the feeling that we are swimming in relatively thick fluid. I also enhanced this effect a bit in AE too. I also tried to get the heart beating going on but I still don't like the vein texture... gotta do something about it... C&C as always is welcome...

(btw, DOF, Motion Blurr and the soft-body stuff for the cells are off. Also the anti-aliasing is at preview quality)

Attached Files
File Type: zip bloodcellstest3.zip (1.24 MB, 157 views)

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Last edited by kbrown; 29-06-2003 at 12:04 AM.
# 21 01-07-2003 , 04:13 PM
nice start
the speed is nice
i think mosts of the cells look nice and
flexible, one or 2 do something weird and
look to flexible, but overall nice start
i would like to see a finished version

# 22 01-07-2003 , 05:25 PM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB