Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 31 10-10-2004 , 06:57 PM
I can't believe that the thread is still going...user added image Thanks for your compliments Simo and Ransick. user added image user added image

# 32 10-10-2004 , 07:45 PM
adding some more dirt made it even better :tup: :tup: :tup: !

# 33 12-10-2004 , 05:06 AM
Hey MainlineX,

Great modeling job!! And the rander is sweet!

I think even a simple background would look good, you know like sky, dirt hills etc.

And yep still going, nothing out last the SM forum, it keeps going and going and going..............

# 34 20-10-2004 , 08:26 AM
nice work MX!

which book??

# 35 05-11-2004 , 02:49 AM
i dunno know why everybody likes dirt so much? i thinks it's great!!!!

is there any tuts on how you did the tires? I only modeled organic, and now i'm having a tuff time with cars

# 36 05-11-2004 , 05:13 PM
Hey guys.....user added image

Vedic Kings......Hey dude...thanks for your compliments man. user added image user added image I reckon when I got some more free time I will add in a sky or something like that for sure. Thanks man. user added image

Balazs....I don't know about the book, but Nitroliq knows about it, I think it's called "Maya 6: A complete reference" ...anyways, thanks for your comment dude..user added image

Killraven....Hey, Thanks for your comment..user added imageuser added image I modelled the tyres based on a tutorial that I found on 3dkingdom, I used NURBS curves instead of poly's though, but you check it out, it's a very helpful tutorial, even though it's for max, you can still see the process that he went through to create the tread, so you can take that and do it in maya...anyways here is the link:

https://www.3dkingdom.org/modules.php...rticle&sid=483

Cheers,
MainlineX user added image user added image

-------------------------------------------
# 37 06-11-2004 , 04:19 PM

HMMWV

I'm also working on a HMMWV, but iam still modeling...

I like your version very much, the texturing is awsome (iam not very good at texturing, more the modeling guy user added image )

Think mine will never reach this stadium, cause Iam busy with university... but we'll see...

It's my second 3d modeling project, my first was a german warship (Flugkörperschnellboot Typ 143) --> but it's also not finished yet user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 38 06-11-2004 , 04:20 PM
and anotherone from behind:

Attached Thumbnails
# 39 07-11-2004 , 04:57 PM
Hey vietcong, thanks for your kind words. user added image user added image Your hummer is definately coming along very nice indeed, keep it up dude. user added image user added image

# 40 07-11-2004 , 11:15 PM
thx ... unfortunately i have not much time at the moment.

But i try to keep up the work - currently modeling the chassis

can you post a render from the bottom, would like to see how detailed you modeled the chassis.

last question - should i open my own "hummer thread" in the WIP Section??

# 41 08-11-2004 , 04:02 PM
Hey vietcong........I have attached 3 pics of the bottom of the hummer.....I didn't really spend too much time in adding detail to the bottom of the hummer cause you don't really see the bottom....anyways, I hope these pics help you out.....user added image user added image

Oh yeah, I think you should open your own thread...that way you can receive help from everyone here...user added image user added image

Hope I could be of any help to you...user added image user added image

here are the pics.......

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 42 08-11-2004 , 05:08 PM
thx for the pics..!!

propably you're right - i will soon start my own thread.

i will add much more detail to the bottom espacially to the chassis ... hehe user added image user added image

Cause my HMMWV - Project is my "Learning the Maya Modelingtools - Project" --> details, details, details user added image

hmm... i really like your rims and wheels

# 43 08-11-2004 , 07:46 PM
Subscriber
Have to say thats really awsome mate, and I love the rest of your art work on your site... Specialy some of you're drawings. Good to see the foundation skills still very much alive in todays modern studies!

# 44 08-11-2004 , 11:35 PM
Thanks for your kind words jhaydock.....greatly apprecited man...user added image

Vietcong...glad I could help u. user added image

Last edited by MainlineX; 08-11-2004 at 11:40 PM.
# 45 09-11-2004 , 10:16 PM

Last edited by vietcong; 09-11-2004 at 10:19 PM.