Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 14-04-2006 , 08:14 PM

Racing Game Title Screen

Here's a title shot for a racing game we're developing in school. I'm a computer science student so the focus is on the programming of course. I think it's fun to mix the programming with making graphics though.

The picture is far from perfect. The models are the actual game models (3000 triangles each) but I've added some smoothing to this render. The explosions are Maya fluids and since I used final gather for the terrain and cars I had to render the fluids separately to avoid infinite render times.

My compositing/render layers skills are somewhat limited, so I had to paint some things in Photoshop. And I always get a thin black outline around the rendered object... how do you get a perfect alpha when compositing in photoshop?
user added image

# 2 14-04-2006 , 09:21 PM
lol I wish my car was a carrot! user added image

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 3 14-04-2006 , 10:08 PM
Subscriber
it'll be cool if you saw vegetables beating the hell out of each other..

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 15-04-2006 , 09:45 AM
Subscriber
Funny but nice made

# 5 19-04-2006 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
hi djBlazer

I'm not relly sure if the image works. I like the cars, they look intersting, but there is something about the composition of the image that looks slightly wrong. I can't really pin it down. It might be the position if the cars in the image...
Maybe a slight motion blur would also help to give a little more imression of speed.
And the typeface does not look like one for a racing game. It does have the cartoony touch the car models have. It does temind me of graffity drawn in photoshop.
Maybe look at game packaging and the way they use text and image.

good luck with your project

# 6 19-04-2006 , 07:56 PM
very funny user added image

NeZuS