Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-01-2007 , 08:02 PM

frankinstien tutorial

here is my frankinstien, tell me what you think, i know the fingers are all messed up. thanks for the great tutorial!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 21-01-2007 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
Hehe thewooleymammoth,

Nice job. Like the way his head and hair turned out. The head on my frankenstein is worse than horrible. I've seen plenty worse hands than those, it's all just practise.

The only thing I would point out, is that by the looks of it, you needed to turn on "Keep Faces Together" when doing the shoes. That's what I overlooked when doing it. The soles of my shoes ended up just the same. It's found in Polygons->ToolOptions, the second option. Just make sure it's checked.

Try the effect of having this on and off by extruding faces of a sphere or cylinder. You'll see what I mean.

For what it's worth, I screwed the hands up as well as the feet by missing this tool option. Bloody killed my trying to work out why the soles of my feet had tread around the edges, similar effect on the fingers...

But again, Nice Job! Look forward to seeing more..

Simon.

# 3 22-01-2007 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
haha looking cool there thewooleymammoth,

the fingers look abit too blocky but its still okay considering this is your first tutorial im guessing? cheers, marlon

also wondering was this a free tutorial? where from ... thanks,

# 4 22-01-2007 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
Looks to me like the Basic Human Form tute,
second from the top Here

Everyone that does this seems to have legs that turn out the same, its funny. Everything else seems to change subtly, but the legs I could pick from a mile off.
S.

From memory Kurt refers to him as Franky, hence the name..

# 5 22-01-2007 , 02:54 PM
Subscriber
ohh what the! i know that tutorial, i though it was a completely different tutorial simon, lol... i see, "franky" "frankinstien" haha..

haha yeah the legs do look always look the same for some wierd reason, also all the fingers seem to be blocky :p

# 6 25-01-2007 , 03:58 AM
thanks for the input, i messed around making a movie but it diddnt work to good, my frame rates are too inconsistant so i need to practice that too.

# 7 25-01-2007 , 05:43 AM
frame rate is usually constant (people use 24, 15, and 30 the most commonly). are you talking about speed of motion?

Accept no substitutions.
# 8 31-01-2007 , 11:32 AM
yep exactly i am horrible at keeping the moving the movements constant speed

# 9 31-01-2007 , 01:38 PM
practice is the best way to combat that. also, if you have the means, film yourself performing the action. you'll see how long it takes you to do it, and also you can slow it down or run it frame-by-frame to see how you actually move, and you can emulate that in your animation.

Accept no substitutions.
# 10 31-01-2007 , 03:19 PM
ok ill try that thanks alot