Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-12-2009 , 04:53 AM

Object distorts when using translate tools

I created an object using nurbs
(a locomotive engine pump) and did a series of attaching and detaching and using patch modeling. When I go to move, scale or rotate the object, it distorts into a mess. I am sure nothing was grouped or parented. Any ideas on whats going on?

Thanks!

Last edited by jbr3dguy; 30-12-2009 at 05:14 AM.
# 2 31-12-2009 , 06:31 AM
make sure all the parts are grouped and you select the group and freeze transform. If you drag select multiple objects then try to translate them they all move based on their own transform nodes.

Also be sure that you clear history. If you perform nurbs operations like booleans, trims, cuts, fillets, etc and try to move the objects while they still have history they will go all wonky as well.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 31-12-2009 , 09:11 PM
Clearing the history and grouping solved the problem.
Now I can move the object without the wonkiness.

Thanks ctbram.

Last edited by jbr3dguy; 31-12-2009 at 09:46 PM.