Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-11-2013 , 08:28 PM
Banned

whats the diffrent bettwen render and export

hi friends- i have a qustion please answer me

i cant understand ! whats the diffrent bettwen rendering and exporting?

can you explain me in easy way please?

# 2 23-11-2013 , 09:09 PM
EduSciVis-er
Well rendering is creating images. Exporting (depending on the context) means sending the geometry/models to a file to be used in another program, like a game engine.

# 3 23-11-2013 , 10:42 PM
Banned
so- when we want to making an animation result for waching in a player like windows media player we should get an export is it true?

so the render is about the frames just?- that we working on the software and we want to get a best result for exporting i mean we try to get best result for frames rendering like shadows lights and etc....for end result when we have all of frames together like a movie

is it true??

# 4 23-11-2013 , 10:52 PM
Bored but busy
You render frames to be made into a movie. Rendering is the sum of all your work in maya.

# 5 23-11-2013 , 10:53 PM
EduSciVis-er
Images together make an animation for watching. To keep it simple, exporting is not for animation. So you set up shadows, lights etc, then you render each image, and then all the images are put together (either by Maya or by a compositing program like After Effects) into your movie file that you can watch.

# 6 24-11-2013 , 12:10 AM
Super Moderator
Another way to look at it, rendering is like taking a photograph or a sequence of photographs of your 3D scene that can be opened in 2D editing / viewing programs. Exporting is sending out 3D objects to another 3D program.

- Genny
# 7 24-11-2013 , 12:26 PM
Banned
i know we dont have export item for exporting a full animation and we should use of rendering item - but i think the export and the rendering works are like together.

maybe this think is for my works in another softwares that have the export item for ending result.