Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2006 , 07:43 AM
Subscriber

Apache tut manipulator problem

I was working on part 5 of the apache tutorial. Great tut btw. Anyway . . . I'm 11:06 into the tutorial and it calls for me to extrude faces. However, my manipulator is on the opposite side from the tutorial (left instead of right) and it is rotated at an odd angle. When I switch the axis from local to world, it is not touching the object, but in toward the center on the grid (see the pics). Up until now, everything was working fine.

I probably just accidentally set something wrong. My naieve, nubie hypothesis is that somehow the pivot got off, but I'm not sure.

Any insight would help.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-03-2006 , 11:29 PM
Banned
i dont know if its any help, but it shouldn't mater if it has moved like it has on the right image (world) just snap it all to the center grid using the x key and draging on the red arrow.
Umm hope this helps.

# 3 15-03-2006 , 12:30 AM
They seem to have changed the behaviour of the extrude manipulator a bit. Not sure if this helps but try to do the first extrusion with "keep faces together" OFF (yes, sounds strange to me too).

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 19-03-2006 , 06:44 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the help, K. I tried that and I still get the same problem. The manipulator is on the wrong end of the tube, and my manipulator is rotated -90 degrees from yours.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for a great tut.

# 5 19-03-2006 , 07:02 PM
Subscriber

Still having problems.

OK. Did the extrude and it worked fine, despite the manipulator orientation. (See pic). But my ongoing concern, with 25 lessons left is whether this is going to cause me great problems down the road.

So any help fixing it would be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 19-03-2006 , 08:00 PM
Looks fine to me...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!