Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-10-2011 , 07:20 PM

Mystical CREATURE Short comedy sketch

Hi everyone

Here is a link Mystical creature discovered in garden - YouTube

to a short comdey sketch I did for fun.

software used was Maya with Mental Ray, Zbrush, After Effects, Premiere and PFtrack 2011.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it.

Pete B

# 2 12-10-2011 , 07:38 PM
The thin red line
Nicely done, I think the give away was him trying to hit the wasps in the first place.........dave

# 3 12-10-2011 , 11:11 PM
Thanks Dave.

# 4 13-10-2011 , 02:46 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahahahaha...well done mate.....bahahahahahahahaha

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 5 13-10-2011 , 04:53 PM
lol..bloddy wasp! user added image

Good job on the animation.

# 6 13-10-2011 , 05:31 PM
Senior Software Developer
Dude,

That was a nice job. Looekd very good and seemed to be well composited. I take it you filmed first then tracked in the cg animation etc...

You should be proud.user added image

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 7 13-10-2011 , 07:14 PM
Subscriber
that was great fun!

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 13-10-2011 , 10:02 PM
Lifetime Member
Nice video it looks great.

The only part that I thought could use improvement was when the is dancing on the table. the little girls hands don't show any emotion they just stay open in that same position. maybe you could of had her clap her hands or something.

Otherwise great job it was fun to watch.

Jake

# 9 14-10-2011 , 01:41 PM
Thank you very much everyone

Pubkicfunction "I take it you filmed first then tracked in the cg animation etc...

Yeah we filmed it all and then used PFtrack to track the shots. Some of them were actually a real pain as there wasn't any parallax in them something PFtrack likes.

@bullet

Thank you, glad you found it funny, I some time wonder if it's just me that has a twsited sense of humor so it's good to know I'm not user added image

@ Chirone
Thank you

@the DUKE
Thank you. A lot of the animation wasn't really taken much out of the refining stage just due to not really having much time to work on all the shots. The worst one is probably the bit where she drops into the girls hands. I add some subtle movement but it was lost in the final shot so she kind of looks pretty stiff.

@joverall

Yeah I agree, but it's true what they say, don't work with kids or animals. You wouldn't believe what a nightmare it was even to get her to sit in the chair user added image

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your feedback.

Pete B