Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 17-10-2011 , 09:12 PM
Administrator

Junior Artist in the VFX Industry - New Interview

We asked honestdom a few questions about what it was like getting started at MPC, it's an interesting read with some good advice for people who are looking to get started in this field in the UK.

Junior Artist in the VFX Industry - An Interview with Dominic Edwards

user added image

London is home to some of the largest and most successful post-production houses in the world which has made the UK a world leader in the field of visual effects for feature films and advertising. Dominic Edwards is a Junior Artist at one of these award-winning studios in London's Soho district - The Moving Picture Company. Here he works with a little bit of everything, from blendshapes and modeling to lighting and pre-vis, and in this interview he speaks about some of the things he thinks is important to get a job in the VFX industry today and how he first got started at MPC as a runner...[Continue Reading]

# 2 17-10-2011 , 09:58 PM
SM Tea Boy
Good that you got into 3D, as I defiantly would not buy a used car form someone called HonestDom user added image

Only one careful owner!

Interesting read thanks for taking the time.
Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 18-10-2011 , 12:43 AM
Thank you, very nice interview. This course at Escape Studio, was it offline or onsite?

Last edited by edgeWalker; 18-10-2011 at 12:48 AM.
# 4 18-10-2011 , 10:48 AM
The Nurb Herd
Hey, my course was in the classroom.