Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-04-2005 , 04:07 PM

Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

I was lucky enough to see this at a cast and crew screening yesterday in Leciester Square. I have to say it's FANTASTIC! I went into it without any experience of the book or tv series and I was blown away! The story is laugh out loud funny and Sam Rockwell is an inspired piece of casting and he steals every scene he's in. I'm not going to go into plot specifics here (pm me if you want some) but lets say the comedy is quite british, but there's a lot of slapstick which is so funny.

I highly recommend that you see this movie!!!

user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 2 11-04-2005 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
Glad to hear that... I really want this movie to be good. I love the books, but I wasn't a huge fan of the old TV miniseries. I just saw the first trailer for it over the weekend, and it looks very cool.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 12-04-2005 , 11:59 PM
The answer to life, the universe, and everything: 42.

Heh, I love that book. Quite humorous. If you like Spaceballs, then you will love to read the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I sure hope your right when you say that the crew and scenes you saw are good. I don't want them messing up this movie. user added image

# 4 16-04-2005 , 08:09 AM
Subscriber
Too bad it doesn't open in Denmark until august... I hate living here!

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 5 25-04-2005 , 12:50 PM
I definitely want to see this. I don't know much about the book, radio, or tv series, so this is going to be all new to me. The previews for this look hilarious though.

# 6 25-04-2005 , 02:59 PM
Subscriber
i am currently reading the book.....absolutely hilarious!
"You mean you haven't been to Alpha Centauri? It's only 4 lightyears away!'
I am really giddy....can't wait for friday user added image

# 7 27-04-2005 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
I guess I'm of the opposite opinion. After seeing the trailer, I have to say it looks absolutely terrible, and not a patch on the book. I absolutely love the books, but I am not going to see the film.

I am aware that Douglas Adams wrote the original script before he died, but I am a purist when it comes to Hitch Hikers, and I believe it should stay as the book intends.

Not for me, this one, but I really hope other people like it.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 8 28-04-2005 , 09:14 AM
SM Tea Boy
Dont you mean should stay as the radio play?

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 9 28-04-2005 , 11:22 AM
Subscriber
No. He wrote the original version of the movie script before he died, and had to make changes to it, from both the radio play and the book. He was hoping for a film version for years. There was an article on NTL yesterday about it.

Adams knew that it needed major alterations from the book to successfully make it onto the big screen.

I'll see if I can find the article somewhere. He also famously gave his agent a list of 32 phone numbers, so he could be contacted when a studio wanted to make a film. He told his agent "If I don't hear from you, I'll know that you weren't trying your very hardest to get in touch" (or something along those lines).

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 10 28-04-2005 , 08:55 PM
SM Tea Boy
Well just saw it. I thought it was well... not great.

I'm a big fan of both the books and the radio play (even the new radio play). I can not believe Douglas Adams wrote this. The TV series was better, and that's saying something.

If you've never listened to the radio plays or read the books you might like it. If your a Douglas Adams fan steer well clear would be my advice. He was defiantly having a bad day.

David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 11 12-05-2005 , 10:48 AM
Subscriber
the film was utter rubbish !
poor plot not much really happened!

should have stayed in and watched desperate house wives.user added image