Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 12-02-2007 , 03:56 PM

Damn Update Button

Hey. I am a student at the Center of Digital Imaging Arts out of Boston U. I just recently perchased Maya. 8.0 for my computer at home and it seems to be running flawlessly. i changed all the preferences to my needs except for one thing i cant figure out.
When ever i extrude of change the shape of a Poly or Nurbs shape i get a Update button in the bottom right hand corner. I cannot see the change or deform of the oblect until i click the update button.
At school we are using 7.0 and i can't seem to find the pref to toggle the update button auto or manual. Is this a 8.0 Upgrade or what? Please if you have any idea on whats going on post some answers. I tell you that button is the worst thing that ever happened to me. it takes me twice as long to draw and i cant see what i am doing till after i already do it. thanks and hope to hear some good news.
nate

# 2 12-02-2007 , 04:23 PM
Lifetime Member
ok I think what you need to do is go to window/Settings Prefereces/ performance settings and then under Dependency Graph Evaluation check the box that says drag.
I think it might be set on Demand at the moment.

regards J.S.

Last edited by jsprogg; 12-02-2007 at 04:26 PM.
# 3 12-02-2007 , 06:21 PM
Man. thats great. yes that did fix the problem. thanks for the reply so fast. thanks again. nate