Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 06-01-2003 , 10:50 PM
Subscriber

i need HELP!!!!

ok i'm trying to do that subaru tutorial by michael thomson i'm working on the hood but i cant seem to get my surface as solid as his and clean .. what do i need to do to work this out .. and my other problem is when i try to extrude on a path curve the suface goings in the other direction .

can anyone give me pointers on how to fix these problems.. i'm not that new to maya i jus dont understand surface movements and how to work with the cvs to get a perfect surface..

# 2 06-01-2003 , 10:51 PM
Subscriber

other pic

sorry i dont know how to post multiple pics .

# 3 06-01-2003 , 11:05 PM
Subscriber

one other question

does the curves that are parrallel to each other have to have the same # of spans ?

# 4 06-01-2003 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
Try opening the Surfaces>Extrude Options window and reset everything before you extrude. It may be that you have the orientation set to Path direction and unintentionally created the curve from right to left instead of left to right. Try that. If you still are unsuccesful, play around with the setting in the options box. Maybe someone else has a more deffinent answer?