Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 20-01-2004 , 08:32 PM

Cockpit 737-800 RadioStick

how can i create those numbers (whit red line) make it into the place where the glasses are?

Thank you,
Serhat:bgreen:

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-01-2004 , 08:35 PM

model

this is the model with maya

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 20-01-2004 , 09:12 PM
Two maps. One color and one for incandesence.

# 4 20-01-2004 , 10:05 PM
But i mean real so what you can see at the real picture i want to do the same as it real in the glasses.

# 5 20-01-2004 , 10:18 PM
Well for glass you have to have it as two planes (glass has a front and back. a poligon is infinitately thin so it will look deferent than something with thickness). Glass is white, not blue. make it almost completely transparent with a reflection around .15 and an index of refraction of 1.33. You would want to use an HDRI map for proper lighting. The glare is actually the reflection of the light coming through the window. It can be faked with an image plane with illuminocity. For the numbers I would use two planes again but the first one should be black with trasparency on all the blocks that would make all the numbers and the decimal pionts. It will probably look like something like 888.88 . The second plane under the first will have the blocks lit up to make the numbers.