Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-06-2011 , 07:15 AM

Batch Render Issue

So I'm trying to batch render a few frames from a scene I'm working on, but I can't seem to get it to render. I get the "Rendering complete" message without any actual frames being rendered. I check my log, and it errors out at the end with "Maya exited with status -1073741819".

I've been googling for the past couple days, and every solution I have found doesn't work. The Autodesk knowledge base says that this error is due to hyper threading being enabled on a core 2 quad processor. While technically I do have a core 2 quad, I have the xeon equivalent. But, hyper threading is not supported by the chip, and my motherboard does not support hyper threading. So that rules out that solution.

The other 'fixes' were to turn off the Optimize for Animation option in the render globals. I tried that, and it still errors out. The last option, was to change the task size in the batch render options to 1. It appeared to be working, but I haven't been able to let it run completely to find out, and it increases my render time immensely. However, when I leave the option on Auto it errors out. I tried setting it to 128, and it seemed to work again, but it hung at the end for 45 minutes so I don't know if it worked or not.

I've also tried diagnosing my scene, and it seems to be all the grass geo/shaders I have causing problems. I can render all my trees and bushes together, but as soon as I add the grass, or render the grass separately, it errors out. Maybe it doesn't like my 13-14k instances of grass? It seems weird to me though because I can render out a frame in the render view.

All of this is in 2010, I tried 2008, and all I got was a fatal error, which makes me think I don't have enough RAM. Though I watch the usage while rendering and my total usage never goes more than half my total RAM.

So for those of you still with me:
- Batch render crashes with -1073741819 error on 2010
- Fatal error for 2008
- Trees and bushes render by themselves, adding the grass, or rendering the grass by itself errors out
- Single frames render fine in the render view

I'm completely stumped as to what the problem is, and I'm really hoping it's not the grass geo/shaders cause I don't feel like re-doing them. I suspect it's a long shot, but if anyone has any ideas I would be so grateful.

Thanks!

# 2 22-06-2011 , 08:14 AM
The thin red line
Sounds like the grass is the problem, you could use paintfx for the grass and render out in maya software.............dave

# 3 22-06-2011 , 05:11 PM
I originally used PaintFX, but I wasn't getting the look I wanted. Plus I need to use mental ray for my shaders and lighting setup. I do agree it's most likely the grass though, so I'll have to do some experimenting.

# 4 09-07-2011 , 02:51 PM
what should i do when i dont have grafic card

# 5 09-07-2011 , 09:48 PM
The thin red line
Check what your onboard graphic is, then find out if that can run maya.........dave