SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / Maya and time capsule

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

21-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
srlake314

Maya and time capsule
Hey All,

I have the time capsule all set up and it works great across both platforms, Win 7 and Mac OSX. I can find it in both the finder and the explorer window.

However, when I open Maya and want it to navigate to the time capsule, it doesn't see it not on the PC nor the Mac. I was going to "set" the project to the folders on the time capsule as pper the "Introducing Autodesk Maya 2012" says to use the backup and it even shows setting it to an external drive.

Any ideas...mac users out there?

With the mouse issues with Maya and OSX and now this, I'm glad that I've been using the PC. Mac's seem to make great paperweights though .
22-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
srlake314

Simple solution
Hey all,

I can't believe that no one responded with an answer, and I even searched google. I did however find the simple solution to the problem of Maya not "seeing" external drives.

I thought maybe it was a mapping issue, but I had to change the setting in Maya under preferences>settings>file/projects: change the file dialog style to OS from the default Maya.

Voila! Now maya will use your native OS, e.g.. OSX, Windows, etc. Now I can access my time capsule.

Thank you to all that read.

I hope this helps anyone that may or may not have had the same issues.

Sean
22-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
NextDesign
Technical Director

Sorry mate, I always use the OS default, so I didn't have that problem. Glad you figured it out though.
22-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
srlake314

LOL, yeah I didn't know about that setting. Could have saved me a lot of headaches.