Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 17-02-2006 , 03:33 PM

Selecting Multiple Control Vertex

Hey,

I'm following part 1 of the dog tutorial and i've come to the point of molding the sphere to the shape of the dogs head.

When coming to select the control vertex i wish to move it only selects one at a time whereas in the tutorial the guy is selecting whole sections of the sphere.

I am aware that i can lasso sections or shift click but this is very tidious when knowing from watching the tutorial it is possible to automatically select whole areas.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Rob

# 2 17-02-2006 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
You could try left clicking drag and hold to grab a load vertices, but watch that you dont to grab hold of more vertices than you mean too!

# 3 17-02-2006 , 03:44 PM
Yes i tried that but its very sloppy. In the tutorial he simply clicks and it selects the whole row of vertex on that isopalm but i can figure out what he did.

# 4 17-02-2006 , 04:59 PM
Subscriber
to select the whole row in either u or v directions u need to to go into hull mode
get into it by right clicking an chosing hulls instead of cv's

hope this helps

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973