Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-03-2004 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber

Freezing Transformations of lights

i'm having trouble. i'm trying to move a light set across the X axis to be symetrical with the first. i'm duplicating the first set then try to freeze transformations so i can just move the pivot to the x axis and type in "scale x = -1" it's a perfect copy across the axis. the only problem is taht when i select a light and hit freeze transform it won't reset the values to 0. How can i get it to do that.

# 2 11-03-2004 , 07:50 AM
Group the light(s) and duplicate the group. You can then play with the group's pivot, freeze its transformations etc...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 11-03-2004 , 03:59 PM
Subscriber
Thats exactly what i do. The onlything is that when i click freeze transformations for that group of lights it doesn't freeze them, nothing happens.

# 4 11-03-2004 , 04:09 PM
can you post a pic?

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 11-03-2004 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber
I don't think a pic is necssacary. All that's going on is that i select three spotlights. Duplicate them. I hit freeze transformations. NOTHING HAPPENS. all the settings for the freeze transform tool are on, it works with regular poly shapes it's just not working with lights.

# 6 12-03-2004 , 07:08 AM
You didn't read what I wrote... GROUP the lights (Ctrl+G) and operate on the GROUP...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!