Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-11-2004 , 08:39 AM

Spacemouse

hi, I would like to know if anybody uses a space mouse in maya.
thnx.
bye.

# 2 10-11-2004 , 11:21 PM
space mouse?

# 3 11-11-2004 , 12:26 AM
yes, like that!

Attached Images
# 4 11-11-2004 , 08:53 AM
ok... how does it work?

# 5 11-11-2004 , 09:42 AM
lol!
The spacemouse works together with a traditional mouse to deliver a more powerful and efficient two-handed work style. Designers can simultaneously pan, zoom and rotate their 3D models with the controller in one hand, while the other hand selects, inspects or edits with a mouse.
it seems of having the object that you are modeling in hand.

I would like to know if this is supported in Maya.

# 6 11-11-2004 , 09:43 AM
Subscriber
Sounds pretty cool to be honest

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 7 11-11-2004 , 03:31 PM
Subscriber
Wow, that's going to the top of my X-mas list.

Does anybody know how much?

# 8 11-11-2004 , 04:43 PM
Subscriber
I have the space traveller. Smaller version from 3d connexions. I think thats how its spelled. Anyways, here is my personal opinion.

Being something new I thought it was cool and it had a WOW factor to it but that quickly wore off. I found it very difficult to get my hand to stop using the keyboard. You can map functions to the space mouse so you never have to leave it but still found myself going to the keyboard alot and eventually my hand just never went back to the mouse. There is just to many Hotkeys in Maya and my hand gets tired from going back and forth.

On the good note it was very easy to navigate in your viewport with the mouse. You can get some very smooth movements that are difficult to replicate with your regular mouse. Also I found that doing walk throughs of building and levels were really nice. you never run out of deskspace with the space mouse. This is just my hands on opinion.