Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-08-2005 , 05:22 PM

Need help with Surfaces > Birail > Birail 3+ tut!!

1. Build two rail curves on the X and Z axis.
2. Build three or more rider curves and the Y and Z axis.
3. Hit the Birail 3+ tool (Surfaces > Birail > Birail 3+ Tool).
4. Select all the rider curves first. After you’ve select all the rider curves, hit enter.
5. Select the rail curves. Maya will create a NURBS surface that looks a little like a hill with varying heights depending on the rider curves you made.

Once I finish these steps.. the Command Feedback always says: Error: mpBirailSrf2 (Mp Birail Srf Node): birail surface computation failed

What could be the problem?... if you need more info or images of my problem just ask.. Sorry for not posting them now if you need to see them.

Co-Creator of Infernus Creations formerly known as Elite Unit 5.
# 2 23-08-2005 , 07:51 PM
Subscriber
Hi there,

Make sure you are snapping your profile curves to your rail curves. Hold down the 'c' key when you are attaching profiles to rails and drag the point up and down the rail curve before releasing the mouse button to be sure.

Drought

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison
# 3 23-08-2005 , 10:53 PM
Hi friend!... Thanks for your "c" tip.. I remade the whole scene using that and it worked on the first go!.. :attn: ...I'm surprised they didn't mention this in the tutorial. Anyway, Cheers!.. I was stuck on this silly thing for like 2 hours!... Well I can't blame myself for that.. I should blame the tutorial.. jeez I understand why it took me so long to get the rails and riders to touch perfectly in the Birail and Birail 2 parts! :p

Co-Creator of Infernus Creations formerly known as Elite Unit 5.