Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 22-06-2006 , 03:08 AM

A ridiculously easy, noobish question...

O.K, I'm not so new to Maya, and my question isn't about it exactly. However I am new to importing, exporting and all the weird and wonderful file types.

I would like some help downloading a character model from this site (In particular, Dragon vs. 1). I can go through the download fine, but I can't seem to find the right way to get the model into Maya! It tells me that the file type is unrecognised (I'm not sure what the file type is, I think it's rar. or something).

If anyone can help me, please do (I know it is a really simple, silly question, and has probably been posted 6, 000, 000 times before, but I'm new to the forums).

Thanks for your patience.

# 2 22-06-2006 , 03:47 AM
If it's an RAR file, it needs to be unzipped by WinRAR before you can import it. RAR is a zipped file, like Winzip's zip files. Maya's files have a .mb or .ma extension

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 3 22-06-2006 , 03:54 AM
O.K...and where/how do I get Winrar? (Sorry, I'm a pain.)

Nonetheless, thanks for replying, it explains alot already.

# 4 22-06-2006 , 04:54 AM

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 5 25-06-2006 , 05:42 AM
As long as you only un-zip / un-rar have a look at https://www.extractnow.com
It's free, and while you cannot create your own .zip or .rar files it lets you unzip/unrar several archives in one go.