Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 03-03-2007 , 05:08 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@ emo; no I won't

@roco 5000; thanks and I haven't even noticed the difference between episode2 and episode 3 yoda

@gamester;I've made a lighter render just for you:hug:
(off topic; when i rendered the previous /darker images it looked quite good and i could see al the detail but when i look at the image on another monitor the picture is to dark.
i have a samsung syncmaster 940 bf monitor(tft), could you or anybody else tell me why this is ?)
And yes i want to do the body also, i'm even thinking of animating him, make him play around with his lightsaber a little bituser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 03-03-2007 , 07:20 PM

Originally posted by mastone
make him play around with his lightsaber a little bituser added image

hey keep it clean, i dont want to see that sort of behavour with yoda!

# 18 03-03-2007 , 08:08 PM
not that kind of playinguser added image
I've posted a render cause i didn't like the way he looked, so i've adjusted him a little bit, and i think he looks a lot more yoda, let me know what you think

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 03-03-2007 , 10:40 PM
I personally don't think that the dome of his head goes quite that high . . . what do you think guys? Regardless, it's miles away from what I could ever do right now, so I shouldn't critisize user added image
Good job! If you want a really easy animation, just have him meditating user added image

# 20 04-03-2007 , 01:20 AM
Acid44
check THIS out
tutorial for the sight-balls ... thats right i said it!!!

also i agree the model is goo exept for the top of the head i think it a little of on the dome partuser added image

# 21 04-03-2007 , 04:27 AM
Much better your last render user added image

Are you using mental ray ou mayasoftware rendering?

"One day someone tells me that I was no one, no one is perfect, if God is perfect so I'm God" - No One
# 22 04-03-2007 , 01:06 PM
i prefer the one with narrower eyes and teeth showing, here's some pics for you:
user added image

user added image

user added image
i know those 3 hav all the darker look of "i'm gonna lighsabre your ass off, come and get it" instead of the crazier lighter yoda, but i got the feeling of darker yoda from your earlier ones

# 23 04-03-2007 , 01:31 PM
The modeling looks great, but Yoda's skin is more so a dirtier green than a pure green and I bet if you used fur, you'd get some good hair going.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 24 04-03-2007 , 03:01 PM
@roco;
thanks for the pictures but I already have those images except, for the desktop one.
(If you look carefully to the head of that first image you posted you will see that when you split the head in two, yoda has like two different faces it looks very good )
@gamester;
thank you and i did a layer render with ambient occlusion and a beauty layer both with mental ray
@ acid44; thanks for the tutorial, and appreciate the critiqueuser added image
@bobalie;Thanks for your comment, and i disagree with you about you could not critisize my work because you(think you) cannot do it.
I posted the image here so that maybe someone could spot something i didn't see and maybe as doubtfull as it is( i am a slowwww learner) i will learn something, so that i will be better at the end.
@ echo red;
About the skin; i know it isn't the right skin colour i actually tried the mental ray skin shader, but suffice to say that it wasn't a succes:headbang:, so it will probably will be a blinn with some procedural textures and a bump map
About the hair; i don't know if i will you use hair or fur i think i will try both on see what looks best.
anywho thanks for your comments.
a little remark on the side;
Making yoda proves much more difficult than i originally anticipated every reference image i have from yoda looks different.
I'm trying to model yoda like a mix between the 'dark' yoda and the 'crazy light' yoda so i need to tweak the model some more with work and all i will probably start with the body in the weekend if it will go as planned anyways.
A little tip for people who are just starting with modeling of characters; delete half of your character and add a mirrored smooth proxy to the remaining half, so you will get a cleaner model i've attached an image which explains this a little bit more

Attached Thumbnails
# 25 04-03-2007 , 03:28 PM
i dont follow you with the two faces? ive put it into photoshop and cut it roughly down the middle and viewd both sides seperately, maybe yo can explain what i should be lokoing for

# 26 04-03-2007 , 05:34 PM
the only thing i ment was that when you look at th right and left half of the face there are slight differences, so that when you would cut the face in the middle and copied and mirrored left and attache this to the left side and did the same for the right side you would get two different faces :lol:
I've edited the rightside of the face quickely in photoshop(so it looks crappy but you"ll get the general idea(i hope) )

Attached Thumbnails
# 27 04-03-2007 , 07:16 PM
looks like you're making some real "head-way" on this project! lol KUTGW!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...
# 28 05-03-2007 , 01:09 PM
i would have said it was the expression on his face myself user added image

# 29 08-03-2007 , 11:41 PM
hi i just want to post another render before going to beduser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 09-03-2007 , 12:07 AM
He looks really good, and I really hope not to offend, but he looks . . . childish? I'm not sure why, but he looks very young. You know Yoda, hes like 900 years old lol. Maybe its the lack of old whispy hairs? What do you guys think?

EDIT***: as an edit, and looking at the pic, I defintely think thta its the hair you need. GO on!