Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-05-2007 , 01:00 AM

Maya limitations...

i am fairly new with maya and have realized it can do pretty much anything haha but I was wonder what features or what things you CAN NOT make with modeling, for example, a certain object that you can not model or certain things that u cant make with it that another program has, or just any features in general. This is just a fun post so nothing needs to be too serious user added image

# 2 31-05-2007 , 03:35 AM
Senior Software Developer
Your only limitations are your imagination and the specs of your PC..

Maya is (imho) the best 3D app on the planet, with XSI coming in 2nd. max is the bottom of my list, as the UI sux.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 31-05-2007 , 04:01 AM
Altadena > 'but I was wonder what features or what things you CAN NOT make with modeling'

Not sure if this is one but I've noticed you can't make a poly shape smaller than 0.001...

# 4 31-05-2007 , 12:58 PM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Your only limitations are your imagination and the specs of your PC..

Maya is (imho) the best 3D app on the planet, with XSI coming in 2nd. max is the bottom of my list, as the UI sux.

IÕm hoping Maya is the best, since it costs so much! user added image