Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-09-2008 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber

AlexanderH - Summer Challenge

While I realize this challenge must have started a long time ago, I am going to give this thing a go.
I have a few ideas which I've not yet decided on.
I think I may end up "destroying" my SLR.

I think I want to do that because there are so many details on it which would be nice for me to delve into. So more of a Macro shot I'm thinking. Plus, what the heck would a destroyed camera look like?!

It is too bad I don't have another camera, cause I can't physically take reference photos of my camera for you folksuser added image

Anywho, I can't start on this today as work looms. But I will think all during work what I am going to do/want to do and I will update when I get home.
If anyone has any ideas/thoughts, or reasons to bash my idea please let me know!

Cheers,
Alexander

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 2 16-09-2008 , 05:49 PM
Hehe, you have 12 days to get this done...
Good luck. You'll need it user added image user added image
Benny

BTW, how about taking a shot a a mirror? that way you can show the front...

When in doubt, delete history and freeze transformations.

My latest snake game
(Requires DirectX9 SDK and Framework)
# 3 16-09-2008 , 09:15 PM
19 year Veteran
Best of Luck alexanderH.user added image

I wonder if I can complete my entry in 12 days.....

# 4 16-09-2008 , 09:47 PM
Acid44
well, good luck but, if your SLR is already made you wont be able to do it cause mike said you cant use pre-existant models

# 5 17-09-2008 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by acid44
well, good luck but, if your SLR is already made you wont be able to do it cause mike said you cant use pre-existant models

see, I said I couldn't take a picture of it, because it is a physical camera. And well yeah. Thats why I want to do this challenge. It'd be a nice object to model. If anyone does want reference a quick google of Nikon D70 should get you more than enough user added image

Thanks all for the props. I'm probably being ambitious but I figure 12 days should be plenty.
I guess we'll see when it comes to the end eh?

Arch Viz Reel

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 6 17-09-2008 , 01:07 AM
Acid44
aha, sorry i read the first post wrong, i thought you meant "my SLR" as in a model you've made not as in physically your camera :p

user added image

# 7 17-09-2008 , 01:13 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by acid44
aha, sorry i read the first post wrong, i thought you meant "my SLR" as in a model you've made not as in physically your camera :p

user added image

so if I said I was going to shoot you with my gun, would you think my 3D firearm? :attn:

Arch Viz Reel

# 8 17-09-2008 , 01:25 AM
Acid44
oh hell yea, bring on the rain of data bullets

# 9 17-09-2008 , 03:05 AM
Subscriber
can i say i was thinking that it was an existing model and get swamped with your 3D bullets too?

I think you wouldn't need to use reference images when you have the actual object... my gundams turned out fine (despite my great lack of experience at the time) and i eventually dumped the ref images (despite me being so careful when taking a picture of them they still turned out badly aligned) in favour of just modeling the things just by looking and touching...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 17-09-2008 , 10:35 AM
Subscriber
yeah I'm not using reference images. I was just filling everyone else in incase they wanted to see exactly what I was up to until there are progress shots. You know.
Enjoy the data bullets though haha.

Arch Viz Reel

# 11 21-09-2008 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
7 days remain. And well, things have been busy. Having to work to be able to afford to try and work to find a job in 3d is kinda weird lol. But anywho, I'm working slowly on this thing. Hoping to have something to show by the deadline. I wish I'd looked back into this section of the forums a lot earlier lol. Anywho, some progress shots today if there is progress before the journey to work begins.

Arch Viz Reel