Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-04-2010 , 09:59 AM

Rendering transparency

I am rendering a pass for a shot I am working on but am having some problems with the transparency. I am rendering the frames out as png and also tried targa but have some white artifacts around the edges of the characters. Does anyone know how to fix this as it is going to look very odd if I composit them onto the other passes and they have a white halo.
I took one of the frame into a app called pixelformer and found that when I exported it as a png the problem was fixed. Unfortunately you cant batch render with the app and I do not really want to sit around importing and exporting a thousand frames+ to fix the problem.

If anyone has any ideas or knows what I am doing wrong it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Leon

# 2 22-05-2010 , 05:40 PM
your problem is so easy to be solved as you can do this in after effetcs by double click your sequence play with the matte colour

You Deserve