Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-06-2013 , 07:40 PM

Maya 14, Image sequence/avi as texture :'( please help!

i'm really losing my temper gone through thousands of forums and different techniques and found no help!
(i have tried avi, image sequence in Tiff, Iff and TGA)
everytime i put on avi i get just an error, it will not do anything i've had image sequence option ticked on all of these
I've tried avi with no codec and with uncompressed these have all been rendered in after effects which is where i've put together this video with the effects i want, some image sequences work until i click on the use image sequence option then they come with the error/xx/xxx/xxx etc.. node does not exist when it does, how else would i have clicked it.

even though when i'm using a single image from the sequence it will only show in the render view on i think maya hardware 2.0, i need the full sequence in mental ray.

Help is so much appreciated as i'm on a deadline and 24 hours is way too much for a technical problem! if you suggest something please be basic with me and include instructions on how to do what you advise,
Thank you ... the angry guy dosed up on energy drinks user added image

# 2 05-06-2013 , 08:37 PM
SM Tea Boy
Maya does not read _ in image sequences your files need to be named like so

"filename.#.ext"

this will not work "filename_#.ext" nor will this sometimes "file.name.#.ext" maya is real picky

stick with filename.#.ext

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 05-06-2013 , 08:47 PM
I do not understand fully sorry,

i've rendered as 'screen00000.tga' is this right? or do i need to add in a #?

# 4 05-06-2013 , 09:00 PM
Screen.#.00000.tga does not work ^^

# 5 05-06-2013 , 09:00 PM
// Warning: Texture file C:/Users/Jack/Desktop/AG INC/WaterMarks/OhNoLoweIt Mechanical Ball Watermark/Tv Screens/1/Sequence TGA/Screen1.#.00000.tga doesn't exist, node file2

# 6 05-06-2013 , 09:29 PM
SM Tea Boy
needs to be

screen.00000.tga
screen.00001.tga
screen.00002.tga

that should work

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"