Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 11-02-2004 , 10:26 PM

How to motion paths a camera & aim?

Hi guys,

When I create a camera and aim type camera, maya is not letting me attach the camera to a curve for animation. But I can attach just a camera (not the aim type) to a curve easily.

So what I'm I doing worng, or can it even be done in maya?

Thanks for your time,
Vedic

# 2 11-02-2004 , 11:36 PM
The Maya Mountain
Make sure "Follow" is unchecked in the Attach to Curve options. That requires the use of the aim and since that control is occupied, it won't let it.

# 3 11-02-2004 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
u need to select camera1_group
(i.e. select the camera, then press the up arrow key to select group heirarchy) then u will be able to do a motion path attatch.

# 4 12-02-2004 , 03:43 AM
Thanks guys!

But I want the camera to follow the path and the aim at something else. Right now the aim is on the path, which I can use in another scene.

I have an object a curve and a camera, all I want to do to animate the camera along the curve, the aim at the object, and that it.

Anymore insight would be great!

# 5 12-02-2004 , 04:20 AM
Subscriber
yes, do it the way i described above and u will be able to have the camera follow the curve and still be able to keyframe the position of the aim.
1)select your camera_aim, then press up on arrow key
2)shift selct ur curve
3)and attatch to motion path.

since u pressed up on ur arrow key and attatched the camera1_group node to motion path, this leaves heirarchy free to be keyframed.

u can always create a regula cam, and attatch it to ur curve, and create a locator, position in the middle of ur object, and do an aim constrain for locator and camera.

# 6 12-02-2004 , 05:06 AM
Everything is working, but the aim will not stay put. So I create a locator for the aim, and everything works great.