Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 06-07-2013 , 11:17 PM

problem with edge not moving with vertices

Hey guys.

So I'm doing the pirate ship tutorial. To make the bottom of the boat, I created a NURBS sphere. Elongated it by selecting groups of vertices. Deleted the top half. Now Im supposed to drag a group of vertices on the end upward to match the shape of the boat. Only problem is the top line, which was formerly the center line of the sphere, doesn't bend along with the rest of the shape, as I move the vertices upward. Does this have to do with hard/soft lines? If so, how do I fix it?

Last edited by Danno827; 06-07-2013 at 11:19 PM.
# 2 06-07-2013 , 11:48 PM
Hey thanks for reading, but I solved it. The reflection settings were on and had the x-axis selected. Turned them off. Now I can move the top line. Hope this helps someone else with this problem user added image