Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 12-02-2015 , 10:04 AM
Subscriber

Moving Vertices

Hi There,

I have a polygon cylinder, I have deleted the end caps. I have scaled all the vertices at one end of the cylinder into a perfect point, so all the vertices are exactly on top of one another. If I can't hit "undo" and the vertices are not merged, is there a way to scale them back out evenly without having to select each vertice one at a time and move them arbitrarily back into a circle?

Thanks!
Emms.

Emms
# 2 12-02-2015 , 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
You could just drag select all the verts in question and scale them back out in an ortho view.

- Genny
# 3 12-02-2015 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber

You could just drag select all the verts in question and scale them back out in an ortho view.

Thanks, I tried that but same result. The vertices don't move at all. Guess I might just have to do it manually. user added image

Emms