SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Lighting & Rendering / Various Render Setting in One Scene

Lighting & Rendering General Lighting, Camera & Rendering Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

29-06-2007, 11:25 AM   #1
Andy William

Various Render Setting in One Scene
Hi all,
i want to set up different render setting for my render layers but seems like everytime i change the render setting in one layer (by clicking the render setting icon beside the render layer) the other render layers got changed too. Is there anyway that i can have a different render setting (e.g. output format/duration/frame size,etc) in one scene with only one time render without having to render many times?
Thanks.
29-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
Alan

As far as I know the answer is no. The render layers are simply there to split out the different elements of the render e.g. diffuse, spec, ambuient etc. You want these to be the same so that when you line them up in cmop there's no discrepancies.

To get what you want you would need to save out different scene files I would think. I could be wrong I dont use render layers in maya much

Alan

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
29-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #3
Andy William

oww..too bad. I do really hope that this will be updated in the next version.. if i m not wrong, XSI can handle this kind of job with it render passes. But still the Render Layer feature in Maya is a handy tool when we want to render an nice & easy rendering with the combination of color channel and occlusion channel combine together with multiply mode. Anyway thanks for the feedback.