Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 09-03-2015 , 10:28 AM

Maya Animation-Deformation of objects

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a problem when trying to animate a model in Maya. I have created a simple skeleton for the model as shown in the first figure.

I have "smooth bound" the skeleton with the model. But now when I apply transformations on the joints of the skeleton, the model deforms awkwardly as seen in the second and third figures.

The model not only deforms the area the joint is bound to but also the surrounding areas of the body. Please let me know what I am doing wrong. I apologize if it is an obvious mistake. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Regards,
Sonia

Attached Images
# 2 09-03-2015 , 11:39 AM
The thin red line
You need to paint weights for the skin......................dave

# 3 10-03-2015 , 08:50 AM
you are trying to escape the boring step, but no way you have to dig it, it is paint and weighting dude