Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-12-2015 , 01:59 PM

objects missing from outliner

Hello I recently tried opening my project in maya only to find that roughly 95% of all the objects that were supposed there were completely lost. I stumbled onto this forum while trying to find help and figured it might be worth a shot to ask if someone might have any idea on how to fix this.

Now I searched for the missing objects in the outliner however they were missing from it and the surviving object were missing any sort of material. This happened after I worked on my project at my college using maya 2014 both there and at my home.

I opened it in notepad++ after that and it seems like the objects might still exist somewhere in there plus it still takes up the same amount of space as before.

I'm adding a link to the file as well in case someone wants to download it and examine it.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...XM&usp=sharing

Thanks in advance for the help!

# 2 05-12-2015 , 06:43 PM
The thin red line
Are you up to date with all your service packs....................dave

# 3 06-12-2015 , 09:25 AM
If you mean windows service packs and the likes then yes :o

# 4 06-12-2015 , 05:45 PM
The thin red line
No maya service pack, looks like there are four for maya 2014.................dave

# 5 07-12-2015 , 04:52 PM
I did not know these were a thing! I'll check it out