Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-05-2007 , 01:25 AM
Subscriber

creepy corridor

i wanted to go for a creepy type scene and use mental ray, let me know what you think and what i can add to it!

Attached Thumbnails

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 2 21-05-2007 , 01:34 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
looks very good, it's got a certain realness to it:bow:

# 3 21-05-2007 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
NIce.
whats that at the end of the hallway?
Its attracting attention and its too flat ; so u may wanna make it darker.

Last edited by njon; 26-05-2007 at 02:37 AM.
# 4 21-05-2007 , 03:31 AM
Beautiful! Looks like a scene from the game F.E.A.R

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 5 21-05-2007 , 06:21 AM
good start but i think you can spice up things a bit, for example turn off like two lights on the celing and also change the intensities so its not consistent. The hallway seems kinda tight but i huess it adds to the overall creepyness. Lastly the tiles on the ground are too large.

# 6 21-05-2007 , 12:20 PM
Hey man, looking like a nice little scene, other than what younglion said I would dirty up the walls and the floor a bit, maybe some broken glass and stuff on the floor as it looks like theres been a bit of violence going on ther what with the blood on the walls

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 7 21-05-2007 , 12:51 PM
Subscriber
cool, cheers guys. much apreciated.
ill have a fiddle with and post the finished artical when i get time to do it!

"You won't get anything done by planning" - Karl Pilkington
# 8 30-05-2007 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
great job looks pretty wicked ...

only crit atm is that the light lamp are abit to low to the ground i think if you place a human there?

# 9 30-05-2007 , 03:19 PM
this scene looks allready pretty good. you might considder using bumpmaps on the floor and wall. also I would change the checker texture to something old (maybe some 70ies pale greenish or brownish pattern) but that´s a matter of taste. what about atmosphere? maybe add a partivolume and get some little stuff into air like insects or just dirt which scatters light. the overall look is too clean yet I think. also I´d give some light to the completely dark spots in the front.

and personally spoken a strong and crisp contrast within lighting gives me the creeps.

good work!

everything starts and ends in the right place at the right time.
# 10 30-05-2007 , 08:03 PM
Subscriber
you're right, that is a creepy corridor.

It kind of makes me feel like if I stare at it long enough a creepy image is going to pop out of nowhere. Like that old image that used to float all over the internet, it looked like a messy room and then all of a sudden this horror movie looking dead girl with pop up for a second real quick.

Only crit I have has been mentioned, about the lights looking like they might be hanging down a little too low