Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-06-2006 , 10:26 PM

Un-Highlighting border edges?

Okay, so when I have the border edges highlighted, combine, and merge verteses, the borders stay highlighted like that. Is there anyway to change the settings so that they are not? It will be easier to see if the verteses are merged or not.
Thanks everyone!

# 2 22-06-2006 , 11:46 PM
Try Display>Custom Polygon Display (box) then uncheck the highlight box...

# 3 23-06-2006 , 06:05 PM
It'll work like that? I don't want the edges completely unhighlighted, I just want it to register as not a border edge when I merge the verteses at the borders.

# 4 23-06-2006 , 07:47 PM
Subscriber
wen u sucesfully merge the verts at border edges they will unhighlight

wen ur mergin check ur distance in the options as if it was at 1 it wont have merge so set it to somethin like 4

if u had go polygon clean up an tick nonmanifold geometry an (select the obect then tell it to clean up)
faces where there were problems will be highlighted this should sort out the problem

oh an make sure the verts r close u can use snap to point by holin down 'v' an mmb clickin here u want it

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 5 24-06-2006 , 01:04 AM
Hrm, okies. I'll see if that's it, then. Thanks!

# 6 25-06-2006 , 06:28 AM
Also a side note to this...if you merge some vertices together and you still have thick higlighted border edges then your normals are probably in opposite directions on the two that you merged together. Just make sure to show normals and reverse them if you need to.

# 7 25-06-2006 , 07:05 PM
-nod- I think that's what I needed to do, thanks!