View Poll Results: Who do you vote for, Twisteddragon or Hybrid?
Twisteddragon 1 11.11%
Hybrid 8 88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 03-06-2003 , 02:22 AM
well.. as you can see my design changed significantly. i totally took out the back end. the fenders... everything beyond the front grill and top of the hood. i then sloped the grill more, hightened the front hood. made the undercarriage lower. jacked up the back. made the back wheel wells inverted behind the cabin area. and lengthened the from wheel covers for a more suitable size and style.

Ignore the little line. that will go away when i merge points and increase render quality.

The textures im not sure about. i was thinking black with dark glass. give it a sleek future look.

Im still not sure about tires.the rear tires will be huge. front smaller.

any tips?

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 03-06-2003 , 06:04 PM
okay. it doesnt look like ive done much but i added 5 more splines, a boundery for the area between the wheels and ccabin. Tested out several textures. and right now still working on that line near the window. i think i know a way to solve this if i just relocate my window to a new area. I could make it instead of coming from a slope to a point. i could have it slop completely on its own. off by itself. Im not sure if that can be done in lw. but weill find out wont we?

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 03-06-2003 , 11:13 PM
after a lot more tweaking. heres my newest wip. somebody freakin check out our battle sometime...

Attached Thumbnails
# 19 03-06-2003 , 11:59 PM
okay.. messing with textures. And doing this and thats.. think i might need to fix the windshield. but now im going to remake it. this was lie a just incase model. See what to do. now ill make it again. Knowing the mistakes i made. And i might even have time to make a 3rd car. Ill make this next one again in splines. The possibly another in polies.

Attached Thumbnails
# 20 04-06-2003 , 12:52 AM
Simply Maya OG
Interesting car design twisted....interesting texture on that last one too. Added the side-view mirrors onto mine.

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 21 04-06-2003 , 02:11 AM
i liek the last texture. its like vieny meterial with glass between them. its like draped over the frame. still with enough room for the tires. (the tire rims are made from the same material.

Im working on my next version. that one was to help me work on splines.

# 22 04-06-2003 , 03:31 AM
okay. started my new project. i personally think its coming out excellentuser added image, ive got about 8 times the splines now.... and im not done with the front yet.. and thats only half of the front too...

Looks almost like a mustang...

# 23 04-06-2003 , 04:06 AM
im muh more pleased with these results. I should have thought of this before, more splines i have the more control i hate... but thats the purpose of battles to learn a lot fast.. right? or something... doesnt matter noones reading this anyway... *dances with a monkey while juggling and riding a unicycle while doing backflips*

Anyway. heres the most basic render i can possibly do. with only a 3x3 patch. No merge, no softening. For the final ill prolly use a 5x5-10x10 path for smoothness.

any cnc?... *looks around*

k here it is.

*edit* for some reason it says the file isnt a valid format... (its jpg, the same format every simgle image so far has been in....)

Lets try the merged render.

Attached Thumbnails
# 24 05-06-2003 , 03:47 AM
Okay.. i changed it a little more. added a bumper, winshield. side window. Roof. Started the back winshield. And just about to start the last wheel-well. no point in posting a render right now. because as i stated NOONE IS PAYING ANY ATTENTION!

arge...

# 25 05-06-2003 , 09:39 PM
Simply Maya OG
Heres a couple updates. Couldnt get online all day yesterday, cause my ISP was down. **stupid Adelphia**

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 26 05-06-2003 , 09:40 PM
Simply Maya OG
'nother

Attached Thumbnails

- Hybrid
# 27 05-06-2003 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber
Hi guys. Your models are coming along nicely. twisteddragon33 i must say that the very first model looked too weird for my liking but i i like the new one. I-Iybrid your model looks pretty good. i would suggest working on the area arounf the wheels and the top of the car. as for you twisteddragon33 your midguard area does not look proper to me and i think it needs a bit of tweaking.
well thats it for my c&c. This is going to be a cool battle and a close one too.
c ya

p.s. Am i the only one that has posted??

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 28 06-06-2003 , 01:35 AM
midGuard? I did straighten things up a lot and i added the bumber and going to add the skirt soon. i like having such a long deadline, really gives you time for trial and error.

ps.. yes i think you are pretty much.

# 29 06-06-2003 , 03:27 AM
okay. quick update. i worked on seeing how my car fits together. noticed a few faults so far but they are easily fixable. Not super easy. but not too hard.

I need to finish the back and and modify both tire areas. and change the front area on the side and raise it up. so i can have some headlights. i wasnt sure if i was going to have any or not. but i guess so. but it will prolly make my car look more like a porch. instead of the.. um.. thing it is now.

*note textures were just to show the difference from car body to glass*

Attached Thumbnails
# 30 06-06-2003 , 03:31 AM
another. but white backdrop and a better window texture.

Attached Thumbnails