Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-02-2015 , 10:15 PM

Delete lattice without deleting skin attachment?

Hi guys,

I have a rigged model, and I have a lattice deformer on it essentially modifying the character and all it's clothing meshes into a female form instead of male.

If I delete history to bake the lattice I lose all of my skin bind on the meshes. It seems like there must be a way to bake the lattice deformations without losing my skin binds?

I've been looking at the Relationship editor Deformer Set Editing but so far haven't been able to figure out a way to accomplish this.

Anyone tried to do this before?

thanks for any assistance,

-Ethan

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!
# 2 27-02-2015 , 10:55 AM
The thin red line
Would you not bee better using a blend shape for your transformation?............dave

# 3 27-02-2015 , 11:34 PM
Well... the main reason I did it this way was so that I could effect all the clothing meshes a too. It's a for a crowd system and the model has like 10 different clothing meshes stacked on top of each other which get called by the crowd system depending on the randomizer. The lattice made a super easy way to convert them all to the hourglass shape.

But it does kind of seem like there isn't an easy way to remove the lattice without deleting the history... user added image

https://mayazest.blogspot.com/
Production Tips and Tutorials!