Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 07-09-2002 , 12:49 AM
Supreme Being
bullet i couldn't agree more with you..
damn are we gonna have a struggle to choose the winner...LOL

# 17 07-09-2002 , 12:51 AM
Subscriber

Challenge

And more challengers than at the mini challenge for September..Seems everybody wants to create THE nemo submarine ;O))

# 18 07-09-2002 , 08:24 AM
BulletProof: If you read the instructions for this challenge, you'll see that they asked for a "Capt. Nemo" like submarine. If you know who that is, then you'll know that it comes from a time when things were more hard edged, jagged and menacing looking. Not like todays cylindical, sleek looking subs.

If you've ever seen Capt. Nemo's submarine, then you'll see that I'm right on point with the design. In case you're not, here it is...

https://www.fraghq.com/brainswell/images/Nautilus[1].jpg

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 19 07-09-2002 , 10:10 AM

Great modeling!

Hmm .. great sub modeling!

However i would have to say, after cruising around these forum I´ve noticed something ... all subs are different! Everybody has this idea of what the Nautilus looks like ... why? because each and everyone off us who read the book has a different perspective on how the ship looks. Which is why .. I found your last reply to bulletproof somewhat insultive, It´s great you have your idea, but you gotta learn how to respect others also. I find this forum to be a quite friendly one .. so let´s not ruin the note shall we?

That said ... Great modelling again!
Keep up the good work!

adldesigner
Ccs, Venezuela

# 20 07-09-2002 , 04:41 PM
The Maya Mountain
On mine, I'm intentionally going for the most NON-traditional nemo sub ever. LOL

You're doing a great job though! Keep it up!

# 21 07-09-2002 , 05:45 PM
adldesigner: I don't see how anything I said could be "insultive". I merely described what a Capt. Nemo-esque sub looked like, AND showed him a picture of one. Other people have different subs because the challenge calls for a sub from that era. I, however, chose to model the Nautilus as it is.

I'm sorry you took it the wrong way, but it's not as you see it.

user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 22 10-09-2002 , 05:27 AM

Sorry for any mishaps in my English Language Skills ..

Hello Dave ...

Actually, I feel I might have been a bit over-the-board when i said insultive, because I ... uhh ... try my best at this language we call English. Sorry for any misunderstandings, however ... I do like the idea that we have some bit of creative freedom as I like to call it.

After your reply ... I started thinking about what did you mean by saying "Capt. Nemo-esque sub"? ... I certainly guess Disney´s creative team had the Nautilus when they envisioned Atlantis "star" of the film, The Ullyses (hope it´s written well) and yet, they managed to create one of the most unique and remarkable subs I´ve had the chance to see.

So when i saw Bulletproof´s Sub, I actually thought .. whoa ..this one looks quite great, guy modelling it has a pretty good idea of what he wants to model, etc etc ... so the moment someone started telling people .. "hey this is the way those ships look like, and I´m building the same model ..and all you guys out there modelling those "nurbs-like-impossible-to build" sub models .. are wrong because a that time they were more "menacing looking".. (Take a look at Roman´s sub for some menacing-sub-modelling classes) .. well I just ticked. I feel sorry I had to actually write this much .. but you know exactly what I meant with my first reply .. so please, when replying try to do so thinking a bit more about what the other side was trying to tell you.

That said ... I´m going back to my vacations (Can´t actually model from the beach) .. just felt I needed to make this last statement. (dropping the topic from now on)

That said ... Haven´t seen any updates so come on! user added image

Want to see more poly modelling!

adldesigner
Jantiel, Curacao

# 23 11-09-2002 , 10:27 PM
adldesigner : I agree... subject dropped. No hard feelings, but you still have the wrong idea.

user added image

BTW: Updates soon. Crazy busy with something I'm doing for school, and that comes first. I will say that I'm redoing most of what I already done. I found more detailed pics and I was way off track with what I had. Anyway, coming soon, so stay tuned. user added image

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 24 11-09-2002 , 10:28 PM
Kevin
dam guys...i was looking forward to another round user added image

# 25 21-09-2002 , 09:15 AM

Originally posted by Kevin
dam guys...i was looking forward to another round user added image

Dropped my boxing classes already .. so no more fighting .. -lol-

# 26 21-09-2002 , 06:49 PM

Dropped my boxing classes already .. so no more fighting .. -lol-

That's ok, I never use boxing gloves anyway. ha ha! user added image

Okay guys, here's another update. Totally rebuilt the first one, now it's looking more like the real thing. user added image

https://www.fraghq.com/brainswell/ima...enges/sub4.JPG

Dave Baer
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 27 21-09-2002 , 09:30 PM
Whoa .. now that looks quite great!

Particulary like those curved hinges ...
Keep on it!

btw: Those gloves DO hurt a lot .. - lol-

# 28 21-09-2002 , 11:39 PM
Supreme Being
nice modeling man.. :p
wanna see moooorrreeee..

# 29 22-09-2002 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
Great looking model, still new to the site.. but I'll be up and ready for the next modelling challenge.

# 30 25-09-2002 , 11:38 AM

Last edited by adldesigner; 25-09-2002 at 11:40 AM.