Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 02-08-2010 , 03:41 AM
Lifetime Member
At the back twisted???? there appears to be a chamfer...I didnt notice it before.

50+ FOLDERS mate LOL. No Im doing it for my own collection. I figure there is no need to model everything again and again. So when I do planes..tanks...and eventually humans...I will have a stockpile of weaponry already made. I have to go back and scale them now. I didnt think of that (which suprises me...being a Surveyor!!).

I would imagine it will take me ...awww...50 years to finish! I do a lot of modelling at work so I dont get enough time for fun. I figure its simple stuff...just repetitive..and can be done reasonably quickly. As a noob it will also improve my skills...I hope.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 02-08-2010 , 03:46 AM
Yes i would say thats the area. Looks to me like it almost fits TOO snug to the rest of it, preventing the spoon from flying if the pin is pulled.

I too have a giant list of things i plan to model that seems to be growing much faster than my ability to do them. Although i would love to make an armory the most i have gotten is a table full of mythical ninja like weapons.

And yes if you plan on making them all into a scene you might want to use a set scale, i had a big problem when i went to model 2 cars to make a scene together and i could literally fit my 1st car in the trunk of my second....

# 18 02-08-2010 , 03:58 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahahahaha LOL oh man Im in tears!!! I did the same thing with my Me-262...made all the dials, knobs etc etc and when I imported...SAME as you...bahahaha I could fit my Me into a flight dial...ooohhh funny.

Yeh I intend to get the armory happening..I have only the frag and 1 arrow type ATM. Time kills me...12 hour days man..dont get much time for fun.

Yeh I see what you mean...I will fix at lunchtime.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 02-08-2010 , 11:21 AM
Lifetime Member
chamfer done...spoon was fine mate.

cheers bullet

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

# 20 03-08-2010 , 02:39 AM
Looks better. I bet the only thing worse that a spoon that flies when you dont want is one that wont when you want it to.

# 21 03-08-2010 , 03:21 AM
Lifetime Member
I like pineapples on me plate mate....not thrown at me thats for certain!! LOL

bullet1968

# 22 04-08-2010 , 12:58 AM
I have been pelted by a pineapple grenade, they are a lot heavier than you would think. I actually have one on the bookcase behind me(its been de-cored so it is no longer live), but i just wanted to comment that the real one i have has somewhat soft edges around the plates.

# 23 04-08-2010 , 01:29 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh well I looked at so many pics and they are all so different in small ways....there were literally 10's of different styles. Close enough I reckon??

Edit: I could go back I suppose and cut one section out...smooth it more then duplicate/revolve etc etc

bullet1968

# 24 04-08-2010 , 02:50 AM
I would say yours looks close enough. Texture is all you need really.

# 25 04-08-2010 , 03:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Roger that mate...will get to it one day...LOL

bullet1968