Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-12-2003 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber

importing avi's W/alpha in after effects?

I cant seem to get the alpha channel to be recognized in after effects user added image I render it in Maya with the alpha channel ticked and have tried the three different options when importing the file with no luck?!?! If I bring in a Tiff it works fine tho'user added image

Help?!?! How do you do it?user added image user added image

# 2 18-12-2003 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
I know Vectroman was compositing with after affects. All he used was Tiff, probably the same reson.

# 3 19-12-2003 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber
Thanx Pony - I will PM him.....There has to be a way!!! user added image

# 4 19-12-2003 , 02:51 AM
Subscriber
Got it! I just had to import tiffs or targas in. AE assembles them for you... *phew*

now I just have to save up a few bucks before the AE demo runs out user added image

composite test -(bad ani, but I am learninguser added image)

Attached Files
File Type: zip billyzabubb.zip (77.2 KB, 258 views)
# 5 29-12-2003 , 09:15 PM

Maya to AE

does somebuddy know how to use an imported maya scen in after effects 5.5? I can't se a thing its all black!

# 6 30-12-2003 , 01:15 AM
When you say "scene" do you mean:

- the Maya .mb file itself?

If so, AE cannot read those.

It CAN, however, import camera and locator data from a Maya .ma file just fine for motion tracking.

I use AE as my main compositor, so feel free to ask any AE/compositing-related questions in a new threaduser added image
Have a good day!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 10-04-2004 , 05:05 PM
Just for completeness:

The reason why it is not possible to import avi's with alpha in after effects is simply that the avi format does not support alpha channels at all.

Greets

Dani