Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 106 14-05-2007 , 07:33 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
@gster; i looked at it in the forum but didn't like the solutions(sorry:blush: ), and i will keep the things you said in minduser added image
@farbtorp; no i haven't animated anything complex like this before, but i have to start somewhere, don't i?
And funny you mentioned the compositing thing, i've just finished my first ever composited test video on you tube, keep in mind when you watch it i've never done this before and somehow some of the letters aren't in view but i'm very happy with it (for now).:attn:
this is the link(mozilla users ctrl c, ctrl t, ctrl v :p) , i would love some feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJn5mR1g_7k

# 107 14-05-2007 , 09:12 PM
Subscriber
Thats awesome, I didn't look at the play time and when i saw the end it was like woah. the music made it seem like it was going to keep going. lol, its great though. Good job on making your name disappear when the music stoped for a second that was cool.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 108 15-05-2007 , 02:26 AM
thnxs daffas,
i know it's to short but otherwise it would not be accepted at you tube because it's already like 80 mbuser added image
And i didn't make the music stop i made the intro according to the music:p .
Another strange thing happened when i compiled the three separate parts some of the letters didn't come in full view in the original everything is centered and everything is in view so if you know it say it:p

# 109 18-05-2007 , 02:49 AM
Okay i've been practising some more with rendering animation and compositing, it's still not top notch and again very short like 20 seconds orso, and i know you guys probably get tired off the you tube links but here goes anyways:p

click; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NM95XJ7-54

# 110 18-05-2007 , 03:10 AM
Subscriber
there's a lot of smoke, difficult to see him,

less smoke render you mustuser added image

# 111 18-05-2007 , 07:06 AM
much right you have, heed your advice i will, hmmm:p

# 112 18-05-2007 , 09:32 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by mastone
this is the link(mozilla users ctrl c, ctrl t, ctrl v :p) , i would love some feedback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJn5mR1g_7k

nope! mozilla users middle mouse click:p

that was cool but it could use more lights

# 113 20-05-2007 , 02:05 AM
thanksuser added image
I've never animated a character before and i mainly use books as a refference for animating, it took me several hours to make him throw away his stick and force-grab his lightsaber:headbang: , the character as a whole needs a lot of secondary motion to make it look more real so the lighting part will be something i will be worrieying about much later, but thanks for the heads upuser added image

edit: i didn't know it would "render"out as a weblink (smart ass user added image :p )

Last edited by mastone; 20-05-2007 at 02:10 AM.
# 114 21-05-2007 , 01:37 AM
okay i've been working some more at the surroundings and this is the best i could squeeze out for the day

Attached Thumbnails
# 115 05-07-2007 , 07:31 AM
I know it's been a long time ago since i posted anything, i had no time to get at maya.
I've finished the clothes, so let me know what you guys thinkuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 116 06-07-2007 , 10:22 PM
Looks good. I think the fabrics should look much older though.

Who's the guy in the doorway btw?

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman
# 117 06-07-2007 , 10:34 PM
The guy in the doorway is called a "gobo" they are very strange creatures cause they only show up when you turn on the light:p

# 118 07-07-2007 , 01:04 AM
worked on the sith some more......

Attached Thumbnails
# 119 07-07-2007 , 12:12 PM
I think he needs quite a lot of work compared to your Yoda. his features are too sharp and his ears dont really attach very well, and he's not really in proportion.

I guess that you want him not to be completly in human proportions but I would reccommend modeling a human head, taking into account bone structure and muscle structure, then adjusting it from there to make it how you want to look.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 120 07-07-2007 , 02:38 PM
No what you need for sith is a cloak. Then we dont need to see much of his face.

Visit www.Notice-Board.co.nz for FREE online classifieds, notices and ads in your area!!