Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 12-06-2009 , 04:47 PM

Maya 9 and imac

Hello All,
I have a new imac, 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x2GB, 640GB Serial ATA Drive, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I was wondering if there is anyone out there using this same system configuration and running Maya 9? If so, what kind of issues are you having, if any? I am in a Maya class at the moment and I have the opportunity to purchase Maya at a discounted price.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

# 2 12-06-2009 , 05:04 PM
Technical Director
While not with the same configuration (I'm using one of the old G5 iMacs with Maya 7 & 2008) I have no problems what so ever.

The good news is that the iMac 2.8 GHz is officially supported by Autodesk. You can see the qual chart here: https://download.autodesk.com/us/qual...aphics_mac.pdf

Also, this is posted in the wrong area. It should have been posted in Technical Issues. There's a higher percentage of people seeing it there too.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Last edited by NextDesign; 12-06-2009 at 05:15 PM.