Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-01-2003 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber

Engine blueprints/pictures???

Hi, I want to model a big engine (F1 or Dragster stuff) but I can't find any decent pictures or more importantly any technical drawings or blueprints. Doesn't need to be inch-perfect just so I remeber to put all the right components in the right place.

Comes on guys, know any decent links?

Cheersuser added image

"And he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck right through him, with light comin out of his mouth!?"
# 2 24-01-2003 , 01:33 PM
Kevin
looks like we are both searching for them today hey mate user added image

I rekon we should have a "blue print area" on the site

# 3 24-01-2003 , 01:35 PM
Kevin
any how mate...where you been lately? havnt seen you around for a while?

missed ya man user added image

# 4 24-01-2003 , 02:01 PM
Maybe this will help.

Pete

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 24-01-2003 , 02:21 PM
Subscriber
Hey NitroLiq thats awesome mate, just the ticket, shame they are pre-1980's stuff but it should prove very useful, hell the soddin thing doesn't actually have to work, it just has to look like it does!

Alright there Kev, yeh I've had my head down a bit just lately, doing the tutorials actually, I'm trying to get a job in games. (oh yeh and I've been harrasin you via the e-mail a fair bit hahaha, sorry about that, hows that going anyway?).

I've been meaning to ask you something actually, i've done the hand tutorial and i've been converting from sub-d's to polys and back, (so i could smooth out a few rough areas with the sculpt polygon tool), but on the last attempt to get back to sub-d's the surface got a name of poly-to-sub-d but when I right click on the surface I'm getting the poly-marking menu not the sub-D one? I need sub-d's really cos I like the easy way you can attach objects in the polygon mode like in the tutorial. Any ideas how I can get the surface back to a real sub-d surface?

By the way, the simply-lightwave site looks nice, but one thing thats always puzzles me about maya and lightwave, how come people seem to really struggle to get decent photorealism out of the maya render but every imagine i see come off lightwave looks like a damn photograph? I want to do that in maya!

"And he just stands there, waiting for me to drive my truck right through him, with light comin out of his mouth!?"
# 6 24-01-2003 , 02:37 PM
Kevin
yes... its amazing on the lightwave thing!!

I am really not sure..I think its becuase the lightwave community as a whole has always gone for the photo-realistic look!

Its there "thing" plus there renderer rocks!

and also we see more "character" type things in maya! but I feel its comming mate... you will see a lot more photorealistic renders in maya soon...

dam... your cds!!! I always forget, sorry been so busy, I should have never promised them! hang in there mate !! lol

on the hand I will have to get back to you on it, as I need to read your question carefully mate..and see whats happening. I am just doing the prestages for a tutorial and cant stop now or I wont start again lol

any ways mate.. good to see you!

oh make sure you download the latest free tutorials as well !! theres a free more out now

# 7 24-01-2003 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Don't worry about it, no rush. I've got the latest free stuff, its getting better all the time, and its about the only ones I can actually download now-days without it timing out on me.

Any news on when the store is opening cos I'm thinking I'd like to buy the next lot of tutorials on cd rather than buy more points, unfortunately I can't afford broadband at the minute.user added image

# 8 24-01-2003 , 05:21 PM
Kevin
yep , store is comming soon ... cant say more then that mate.... sorry I have so many plans and dont really have enough time to give dates....

and poor old dave is working his butt of user added image

but its a comming!!!!!