Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-11-2004 , 02:50 PM

interpenetration??

Hey people,

I've run into a few problems with a simulation i'm running, I have a couple of active Sphere's constrained using springs which in turn are constrained to a passive Sphere, this is then parented to a characters hip (it's meant to be a piece of metal chain that hangs to the characters side) i've then created a tube which covers my chracters thigh & parented it to the thigh bone, I then made the tube a passive body. The plan was to use this tube to stop the chain going though the charaters leg, but when i run the simulation the active Sphere's interpenetrate the tube. Does anybody know of any tips or tricks to help solve this interpenetration??

Any help would be cool, thanks.

Jimmer.

"1.21 GIGAWATTS"
# 2 12-11-2004 , 03:04 PM
The Maya Mountain
intersecting will happen to some extent. The trick is to put it in your scene so that it isn't noticable. Of course, if it's intersecting wildly, some settings might need to be adjusted. I've not messed with such things enough to give an answer, though.