Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-01-2005 , 02:15 AM

Sheridan College

Hi all....I recently asked about online schools in a recent thread (thanks to all those that responded btw)....anyways.....I am currently looking at Sheridan college in canada....I heard it is one of the best schools in canada and the US....but I also see on there website you need to submit a portfolio before you can be accepted....is this some kind of demo reel???...or some of your best works?...I am kind of new to maya..I have done some basic modeling and animation..and was wondering if I had a chance at getting in...or is it a school that takes only more advanced people?.....thanks in advance!
TheAnswerRP03

ps-for those that read my last post about online schools and are wondering how the heck I would go to toronto when i live 500 miles from civilization....I (fingers crossed) might have someone I could stay with in toronto

# 2 22-01-2005 , 02:25 AM
Not so much of a demo reel but a portfolio of your work like drawings and any 3d work you have done you can put into a small reel.

If you dont get into Sheridan, look into the International academy of design, its where I went and is a bit cheaper then Sheridan.

Toronto is a pretty busy place.. you will have to get used to taking the sub way everywhere, I hated it =)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-01-2005 , 02:34 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Kurt!....so you went to the Inernational Academy of design?...I heard some good stuff about that school too....Sheridan is MORE expensive then IAOD?....I think IAOD is $20,000+ canadian...I'm gonna have to empty my pocket book and get some loans...but....it will be worth it in the long run...especially if I can get good training (and a job after graduation would be niceuser added image )....
TheAnswerRP03

# 4 22-01-2005 , 02:46 AM
Not sure how much the program is now. When I went it was 9 months but the year after I left it was up to a 12 month program.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 26-01-2005 , 02:24 AM
UPDATE-
Thanks for the info on IAOD Kurt. I actually took a train to Toronto so I am in Toronto right now. I am going to visit IAOD tomorrow and Sheridan on thursday!!! Hopefully I'll be going to one of these schools soon!
TheAnswerRP03

# 6 26-01-2005 , 02:37 AM
Good luck.... If you happen to see Steven Bowie he was the head of the computer animation department when I was there tell him Kurt said Hi=)

# 7 27-01-2005 , 09:16 PM
Went to IAOD today...man..it's an amazing school...I brought my portfolio...filled out an application..and they said I should have no problem getting into the April start date....I also took the tour....I can't wait to go study there (btw Kurt...they showed a movie that the animators made in 2001-2002...I could've sworn I saw your name in the credits..anyways...it was all very cool...and also....I did not see Steven Bowie...but I did see his name on a wall...so I'm guessing I'll be seeing a lot starting in April..I'll give him your message...
TheAnswerRP03