Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-06-2005 , 05:46 PM
Subscriber

constraints?

i have a character lying on a table. how do you get the character to get off the table but still have it's hands on the table, so that the hands aren't immediately following the movement of the rest of the body? do you do this with constraints somehow and if so dow do you do it? i've got a controllers for the arms and wrist controllers to rotate the movement of the hand. any ideas anyone?

thanx
g.
user added image

# 2 05-06-2005 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber

constraining hands to a table & unconstraining them

Okay, so I guess what I'm trying to work out is how do you animate hands so that they can be constrained to a table and then when you want to unconstrain them so they move freely with the rest of the body, how would you do this?

Really need to know how to do this, so if anyone can help, greatly appreciated!
g.
user added image

# 3 05-06-2005 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber
The same way you'd keep a foot in place when taking a step?

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 4 05-06-2005 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber

how do you prevent elbow/hand slip?

Here is a better explanation and a pic attached to show what I'm trying to achieve.

I'm trying to figure a way where my character is getting up off a rock and have his elbow (and hand possibly) locked to the rock and not have his elbow slide all over the place. I figure he'll be using his elbow to help him get up, but how do you set it up? I have a hand controller to move the main arm and a wrist controller (locator) for rotating the hand. I'm attaching a pic to show what it is I'm trying to do. I've had no luck and just can't figure out what it is that I need to do. At the moment whenenver I rotate the body to twist or turn a certain way, the arm goes straight the rock. Any help much appreciated - thanx.

Attached Images