Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-11-2002 , 05:15 PM

Problem ...again...

how can I change (is it possible without using other software) the fps of avi from rendered from maya?user added image user added image

29.97fps is too high for my computeruser added image user added image

# 2 26-11-2002 , 05:56 PM
Have you rendered the AVI directly with Maya? If so, the problem is not the fps. Maya creates uncompressed avi files which are not intented for playback purposes. You should recompress the avi to a new file using for example the DivX or an mpeg codec.

Imagine the following situation:
You have a 1 second long animation. Resolution is for example 640x480 and frame rate 30 fps. Bitdepth of the images is 8 bits / channel (rgb). That would mean the datarate would be:

30(fps) x 640(px) x 480(px) x 3(channels) x 8(bits per channel) = ~210 Mbit = ~26 megabytes per second

Clearly you can see that this is too much for a regular hard disk to keep up with. This is why they are constantly developing better and better codecs (compressor/decompressor) to reduce the datarate as much as possible while not loosing the image quality too much.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 26-11-2002 , 06:27 PM
Subscriber
if uve already rendered it, just go into a program like combustion and change the fps of ur new composition and render again

if ur still in the program
go to the preferances, settings>timeline (down the side) and change the playback speed to something other than NTSC

NTSC - 29.97fps
PAL - 25 fps
Film - 24 fps

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 4 26-11-2002 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
winfred01

What are you doing with the avi If you need to recompress fo home use then I use a program called showbiz converts avi to mpeg and the program is really cheap(Thats why it for home use)
you can.

I take any avi and run it through showbiz then send it to Dazzle DVD complete to burn to a DVD :p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 26-11-2002 , 09:06 PM
You can use free tools too for that too. Get VirtualDub and the DivX codec and you're on the way. Or you could get the MS Windows Media Encoder (also free) and turn your avi to wmv.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 27-11-2002 , 11:00 AM
Thanks everyone....

I know what's going on now ( of course, with your explainations)
I've got DivX , but how can I encode/decode an avi file with it?

Winfred

# 7 27-11-2002 , 11:14 AM

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 8 27-11-2002 , 11:34 AM
Thx~ It's really nice and free ~
I'll try it tonight (I'm at the college now) user added image

Winfred