Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 30-11-2008 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber

rendering with BlackHole question

Hi,

This bothers me so much. I rendered everything in layers. But when I composited the house using Shake, the house look like it just cut into the scene.

So I saved it in another scene and assign each object with a white surface shader as a matte. It still look like it cut into the scene.

Then I assign the house with a black lambert with Black Hole in it. I used the reorder node in Shake and type rgba/aaa.

Doesn't work. Here is the picture. What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestion would be grateful. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-12-2008 , 12:02 AM
I do not use Shake so I have ho idea how it is interpreting your layers and alphas etc.

So, any chance you could package/zip/rar-up one frame's-worth of your layers (raw out of maya) so I could throw them into Fusion or AE as straight individual layers to see if Maya may be doing something against you?

Thanksuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 01-12-2008 , 02:58 AM
Subscriber
your lighting is all over the place., shadows where shadows should not be and none where they should be.

i looked at it for a few seconds and that was the first thing i noticed.., i didnt dissect it.

check where your layers are at.., the house in front of the grass is a bit of a give away

take it easy and life will be easy

Last edited by mirek03; 01-12-2008 at 03:01 AM.
# 4 04-12-2008 , 01:41 AM
i would just say pull your grass layer to the top of the composition and then it would be on top of your house. it looks like the cattails are separate from the grass on the hill. if not, then re-render the cattails in front as another separate layer so you can just put it on top of the house's layer.

Accept no substitutions.