Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-07-2009 , 09:50 PM

Hiding unused parts of the interface

Hi, I've noticed as I get better at Maya I usually only need about 10 things on the interface. Would hiding everything else speed things up very much, and if so how would I go about doing that? If somebody could please give me a comprehensive description of everything that can be hidden instead of just a few things that would really help me the most.

# 2 17-07-2009 , 01:08 AM
EduSciVis-er
Well I know that Ctrl-Space hides almost the entire interface, after which everything can be accessed via the hotbox, if that helps.
Ctrl-Space will bring it back up again.
I think Ctrl-Shift-M will also hide your panel menus and bring 'em back. There's also an option in the hotbox (can't quite remember where) to hide a couple of elements that Ctrl-Space doesn't.

The help files might give you some more specifics.

# 3 17-07-2009 , 01:39 PM
Hotbox is the one solution.But i will be BETTER if u make one coustm menu by urself.

# 4 20-07-2009 , 03:41 AM
ya........,ctrl+space z for go 2 expert mode........
there r menu bar,viewport menus in expert mode......
ctrl+m z for hide/unhide menu bar........
in expert mode we access all d menus by hitting spacebar......