Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-11-2012 , 01:40 PM

Attracting Dynamic Curve Sets

Hi All,

I'm trying to explore self-organising nodes/networks and I've been working with maya dynamic curves as part of that investigation.

So far I've been using one hair system for both nodes. When the nodes overlap I can make the hairs from the separate nodes attract each other, using negative repulsion and playing with some of the other settings like clump width offset.

When the nodes have a space apart, they can, but don't always link to each other... (I still applied only one hairsystem for both nodes)

What I'm wondering is:

- Is there a way to get 2 separate hair systems to interact with each other? To pull, gravitate, cling towards each other.

- Is there a way to have some kind of magnetic pull (static cling doesn't seem to do much). For example gravity between planets in space? So if an object is hairier, denser, has more mass, it exerts a greater pull on the other object with lesser values in those parameters?

- That would possibly move towards metaballs? I don't really know how to do that in Maya, haven't tried but that may be a good way to investigate also...

- As you can see from the screenshots, some of them have point lock at both ends, but for those that have point lock at the base, they don't pull completely towards the nodes. Is this possible using other forces?

Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails