Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-03-2006 , 06:19 PM

How to add sound.

Tin tong m dharati,m learnin Maya from 2 months,how to add Sound to aniamation.how to edit that.

# 2 15-03-2006 , 12:09 AM
Technical Director
You cant edit the audio in maya. you will have to get an audio program. I recommend Audacity. https://audacity.sourceforge.net/

To add audio into your scene, just click and drag the file into the timeline.

Then set your play back speed to be 24 frames a second in the preferences.

Hope this helps

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 22-03-2006 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
i will definetly try out this program..
as i dont know how to ad audio.
i will soon be able to

besides Audacity what other audio program would you recomend to buy or download??

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 4 22-03-2006 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
Nero have a sound editor (good too) so you probably have one and don't know it, look in the tool box.

the best, questionably is adobe audition, sound forge I think its up to 8 now but ant will do the job. Get 'computer music' they usually have freeware stuff there , it's all over the web yo can do a search. 'wave editor, shareware, or audio editor freeware, shareware, ect

I'm pretty sue any 'computer music' mag will have one but check your Nero tooolbox or whatever burning app your using, I'm sure they neeed it for some reasin, they always seem to be there in the program somewhere.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 23-03-2006 , 07:34 PM
Subscriber
ok i'll check it out some time..
thanks for the info. as iam not a computer genius.

# 6 23-03-2006 , 07:48 PM
cool edit pro (think its Adobe audition now) really good nad very easy to pick up, its a full multi track too.

worth a look into

cheers

# 7 24-03-2006 , 06:33 AM
Subscriber
gster i have auditon, the multi track i question the wave editor is fantasic, maybe I'm comparing it to Cubase which is a piece of cakewalk (in joke, cubase is stenberg/pinnicle/sony, in that order with in a year?? what's happening in the world of big buisness and high finance??caklewalk is another company, I'm sure mst know this and I hear yawns from distant corners of the globe)

I have had truble with its multi track but i've only used i once though I'm usually much better with sound apps than Maya.

what do you need the sound for 13th, do you need to layer it or edit it?

# 8 26-03-2006 , 01:53 PM
Subscriber
i am still learning how to animate in maya, so someday i might be able to do my own projects and animations.
i want to learn how to do sound in maya now, so that when i come to editing (which i dont know how to do yet) and layering i wont have much trouble achieving it. i dont really have a purpose to use sound now, just want to learn it and leave it for later when i do come to animation.

# 9 26-03-2006 , 06:58 PM
Subscriber
...learn it and leave it for later when i do come to animation.

once you start there is no turning back..
user added image imagine Maya in a completely different dimension and that is .., 'sound.'user added image

so start reading; in 'Computer Music', sister mag of 3d world (I think( there is a complete software package (every month) and this is just the cost of the mag. It has everything you will need for another couple of year's; sequencer, sampler, drum machine, and heaps of other stuff and all you have to do is double click their install package and the whole kit sets itself up for you. It is made for beginners to advanced (not rich). check it out... but easy to install

heaps of tuts each month,,

Last edited by mirek03; 26-03-2006 at 07:05 PM.