Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 01-12-2003 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber

a scene...

just did it just to "do something" to ease my fustration with these oline tuts....

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-12-2003 , 06:34 PM
Subscriber
I like that.. its difrnet..

# 3 01-12-2003 , 08:33 PM
Kevin
the window sill has no thickness and the edge looks jaged

# 4 08-12-2003 , 09:11 PM
Lighting: No light coming in from the window but there appears to be a light source inside the room casting light in the lower left. what is casting that light? If we can't see it then it makes it feel a bit off.

Also, might want to throw an image outside that window. Just put a photo on a plane and place it behind the open window. Will make loads of difference.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 5 09-12-2003 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dave_baer

Also, might want to throw an image outside that window. Just put a photo on a plane and place it behind the open window. Will make loads of difference.

hum, the image idea is what i wanted to do originally... but i grew tired of messing with MR final gather... maybe i'll spend some more time to finish it and make it a bit better. (when i have time that is user added image )

# 6 16-12-2003 , 08:59 AM
Subscriber
small update....:o

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 16-12-2003 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber
if your going for deapth of field, its not right.. first render was much better. This looks like a composit..

# 8 16-12-2003 , 07:50 PM
Yeah, that DOF is not right. kill it. Also, the image in the window now has no depth to it. Looks like an image in the window. Pull it back from the window so you have to look out onto it. :p

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 9 16-12-2003 , 10:25 PM
Subscriber
A thought that might help on the problems with your edges.. around the window.. is that like just one poly plain ther.. or is it modeled like its really a wall.. with thickness.. as I remember reading MR's FG and GI work better with fully enclosed shaps.